Agritourism is where agriculture and tourism meet to provide you with an amazing educational and spiritual experience: a tour in an olive grove, farm or ranch, a festival or an olive oil work shop. Farmers, ranchers and olive grove owners turn their land into a point of cultural and heritage interest and open their cultural horizons to other people in order to teach more about what they love. Globus Yachting and Travel Agency offers two agritourism experiences.
AGRITOURISM EXPERIENCE 1:
Olive Oil Experience in Mani and Olive picking!!!
Accomodation at Vasilikis traditional Stone House Vasilikis Tower Exochori
or at Tseros olive grove Cottage HouseTseros olive grove and Cottage House at Saidona Mani
Olive oil experience in an Olive Grove at Taygetos highlands, Mani Peloponnese. According to the time of the year you can harvest olives, participate at the production of extra virgin olive oil, cook and taste green fresh extra virgin olive oil, enjoy a great meal with a traditional Greek Family!! Spend a day to meet Greek culture!!
Olive picking in Mani!! 599€ /PERSON
Join this great Greek heritage and tradition experience. Mountain and Sea, Olive Trees and Stone Houses, great People…this is Mani at South Greece, Peloponnese
7-DAYS/6 -NIGHTS NATURE RETREAT from November to January/ ACCOMMODATION AT VASILIKI’S TOWER TRADITIONAL STONE HOUSE AT EXOCHORI. Olive picking and lunch at Tseros Olive Grove and Isida’s Cottage House. Groups from 5-10 guests.
Experience the perfect green experience, wake up in the morning hearing the voice of nature and birds, watch the Taygetos Mountain Peak at 2407 meters and the clouds traveling in the sky. Meditate observing the 50 shades of grey in the sky and the 50 shades of green on the olive trees… enjoy breakfast in a relaxing environment and get ready to be one with mother nature. The 200 acres olive grove is at a panoramic location and very private. Only a private road can take you there. If you prefer to work out you can choose to walk down the slope among chestnuts trees, herbs, flowers and olive trees, that with their trunks form figures like embraced bodies and human figures. Messiniaki Mani is a very traditional place and people here kept their treasures in agriculture and in architecture
The major topic of conversation in Mani, is olives. What will be the quality of the olives this year, will the crop be big? When shall we start picking to get the HIGH PHENOLIC PREMIUM QUALITY EXTRA VIRGIN green olive oil? When the time comes, whole families go to pick their olives and the villages are alive again!!! Everywhere your eye can see there are olive trees!!!like a green carpet. Every field at Taygetos highlands is full of people, cutting olive brunches, putting nets under the olive trees and picking olives with hand with the traditional method, passing the culture from generation to generation. How do we pick the olives in Mani: Nets are spread out on the fields ground, under the tree and all olives picked are collected in it? Olives are picked the traditional way, by hand, no machines used. The olives will be cleaned from leaves and brunches and will be poured into bags before the nets are moved to the next tree.
7 Days/6 Night THE OLIVE-PICKING- 2019 packages OFFER! Every week starting November to January!!!book now!!!
INCLUDED IN PRICE
- A stay of 7 days/6 night at Vasiliki’s Tower Stone House at Exochori 8 km from Kardamyli.
- 3 to 4 Picking days (3 hours in the morning) at the Olive Grove with instructor.
- Feel Free to enjoy from guesthouse full fridge the breakfast of your choice to start your day. (Tea, coffee, milk, juice, bread, eggs, oil, tomato, cheese, ham, cake, honey, jam, butter, fruits, cereals etc.).
- Coffee, Snacks, soft drinks, wine and beer available at the olive grove spacious cottage.
- Lunch at the olive grove cottage on picking days (4 lunch meals)
- Diner at Vasiliki’s Tower (on 4 picking days). Greek Traditional Cuisine with ingredients carefully selected from top quality traditional products. Last night diner is at a tavern or at the guest house with traditional live Greek music (mpouzouki & guitar local musicians).
- Cooking workshop-During this week you’ll learn to prepare some special and authentic Greek dishes using the green gold of Greece. One of the diner evenings a local will be giving a Greek cooking class.
- A visit to the olive oil factory, to a traditional old olive press and to the folklore museum all located at Exochori. A visit to Taygetos mountain to explore nearby traditional villages.
- Athens Airport Transport roundtrip with Minibus (4 hours’ drive), to and from the olive grove, to Kardamyli and Stupa every afternoon
Vasiliki’s Tower Traditional Stone House is located at Exochori Messiniaki Mani.
The house is traditional and can accommodate a group of 5-10 guests. Bedrooms: 2 Queen size Bed Bedrooms, 1 Bedroom with 2 single beds, one big sofa-bed at the Dining room that can turn into double bed and two foldable single beds. There are two sofas at the spacious salon. One full bathroom and a second bathroom with shower. There is one modern fully equipped spacious kitchen inside, dining room and spacious saloon. The private yard outside is spacious and has table chairs umbrella and a full equipped exterior kitchen.
Day by Day – A sample itinerary
Day 1 | Arrival Airport pick up – Drop off to accommodation
Small reception with drinks, meze and info on the schedule of the week.Free evening to explore the village
Day 2 | Picking day Prepare the olive grove for the harvest, get to know the olive grove
Try olive oil, olives, local goats’ cheese and wine-enjoy lunch under the olive trees. A visit to the folklore museum in the afternoon
Meals: Breakfast | Light lunch| Dinner at Exochori|
Day 3 | Olive Picking Join the harvest; spend a couple of hours picking olives! Collect our harvest and take turns to the local olive mill. Sample freshly produced olive oil. Lunch at the olive grove
Cooking Workshop by the locals – Greek diner and sweets with olive oil Meals: Breakfast | Lunch – Dinner|
Day 4 | Day Excursion – Taygetos mountain and nearby villages(optional, included in price)After a guided tour around we will have lunch if you wish at a nearby village before we head back. Free evening Meals: Breakfast | Lunch
Day 5 | Olive Picking Join the harvest; spend a couple of hours picking olives! Collect our harvest and take turns to the local olive mill. Sample freshly produced olive oil. BBQ at the olive grove. Visit to the oil factory and traditional olive mill in the afternoon. Greek diner and sweets with olive oil at Exochori.
Meals: Breakfast | Lunch – Dinner|
Day 6| optional olive picking and Farewell Dinner!! Join the harvest; spend a couple of hours picking olives and take lunch at the cottage house! Optionally Your morning is free.
In the evening we set up a farewell BBQ and a mini workshop on Greek pies. During the workshop we will pick wild herbs and greens from the farm to use in our pies. Greek live music will make us dance and have an unforgettable last night in Mani.
Meals: Breakfast | Dinner |
Day 7 | Departure . Breakfast and departure for the airport in Athens depending on further travelling arrangements
Do not forget your green olive oil and your Greek traditional recipes.
From time to time our itineraries may be amended, either for operational reasons or in response to feedback from customers. Please ensure you have read the latest Trip Notes before booking or travelling on your tour. Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
AGRITOURISM EXPERIENCE 2: Organic farm at Zakynthos Island and accommodation at traditional villasT organic farm and villas a Zakynthos Island
TAKE PART IN VARIOUS AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES DURING YOUR STAY!!!!
They have spent their whole life in the village of Kallithea at Zakynthos Island at Ionian Sea and they share the same dream, to create a place where people from around the world could come and meet the Greek culture, the authentic Greek hospitality and get in touch with the beautiful nature of the island. With that as their sole purpose they have created a true paradise on earth and they have called it T traditional villas! This a magnificent organic farm based on personal approach and complete privacy which will make you feel like home.
Join the Family and enjoy a relaxing and memorable holiday experience and a new friendship that will last for years
The villas: All the villas have garden of colourful flowers, plants, and trees that include laurels, olives, pines, oaks, lemons, pears, peaches, pomegranates, and vanilla. They offers privacy with their own fenced garden and are situated on a private estate that consists of the owner’s residence.
- Villa Love& Light is 65sqm and can comfortably accommodate 2 – 4 guests
- Villa Universe is 85sqm. It can comfortably accommodate 2 – 5 persons (an extra bed can be placed on request).
The organic Farm:Inside an organic farm of unspoilt beauty, the family produces its own natural products like vegetables, fruits, olive oil, wine, grapes, apples, quinces, oranges, lemons, walnuts and many other. While staying at the T traditional villas, depending on the time of year, you have the chance to participate in various agricultural works and activities varying from olive and vine harvesting to biological plantation and animal feeding. This way you can meet a Greek authentic way of living and get in touch with nature that will calm your soul and body.
In particular by time of year you can participate:
- In October, November, December and January we gather the olives of our farm and we produce our own organic, extra virgin olive oil, a priceless gift of nature
- In February and March we have the pruning of organic grapes and vineyards. This is a necessary work in order to get the best quality of raisins and grapes.
- In March we cut the grass, clear the weeds and prune the trees that surround the farm.
- In April we dig the land, plant organic vegetables and plough the fields.
- In May we cut the greens, the food of our farm animals and store them in the animal houses.
- In July we cut the large shoots of the vines. This is necessary for the vineyards to get more air and sun.